Monday, November 16, 2015

Family Taiko Sunday - Chicken Soup with Rice

This blog entry is for Family Taiko Sunday class to review their part of the song only, for reviewing the full song, please click here.

Chicken Soup with Rice

a book of months by Maurice Sandak

Family once
Taiko twice
Playing chicken soup with rice!

Iris and Daron - January


In January it's so nice
while slipping on the sliding ice
to sip hot chicken soup with rice.

Sipping once
Sipping twice
Sipping chicken soup with rice.


Ethan and Eric - March


In March the wind blows down the door
and spills my soup upon the floor.
It laps it up and roars for more.

Blowing once
Blowing twice
Blowing Chicken Soup with Rice.

Jynn and Miya - May


In May I truly think it best
to be a robin lightly dressed
concocting soup inside my nest.

Mix it once
Mix it twice
Mix that chicken soup with rice

Carol and Mii - July


In July I'll take a peep
into the cool and fishy deep
where chicken soup is selling cheap

Selling once
Selling twice
Selling chicken soup with rice.

Jake and Shane - September

In September for a while
I will ride a crocodile
down the chicken soupy Nile.

Paddle once
Paddle Twice 
Paddle Chicken Soup with Rice.

Mike and Micah - Nov


In November's gusty gale
I will flop my floppy tail
and spout hot soup. 
I'll be a whale!

Spouting once
Spouting twice
Spouting chicken soup with rice.

Everybody - coda


I told you once
I told you twice
all seasons of the year are nice
for eating chicken soup with rice!



No comments:

Post a Comment